Yesterday I had about as productive of a day as I possibly could in my current “7 months pregnant with two almost 4 yr olds” state. Let’s do some quick takes about it.
1. Kids were not only fed all their meals, they were also on time to both preschools.
2. While they were gone in the morning, I took to stashing some less popular toys in the (locking) cabinet and vacuumed the floors.
3. During naps, I cleaned out some shelves in the kitchen and went through the pantry to make a donation bag for Goodwill and organize all the stuff on the floor. (Note: our pantry not only houses food, but also cleaning supplies and a bin of seasonal decorations, along with a host of other random things.)
4. I also went through a closet and did the same thing. (No, I’m not stretching these out at all.)
5. AND I sorted through bags of clothes I plan to get rid of, separating them into a “ThredUp” bag and three “Goodwill” bags. I haven’t been brave enough to do the whole capsule wardrobe thing, but getting rid of about four bags of clothing is a step in the right direction, I think.
6. In the evening I hung up three photo ledges on a bare bathroom wall and decorated them. The decorating was so creative that it actually covered up a part of the wall that was not painted.
7. And at the end of the day, I had 6 bottles of wine, 1 bottle of sparkling cider, and one teeny tiny bottle of single malt scotch sitting on my countertop, waiting to be taken by anyone who wants them.
I will point out just a few more things.
-Strangely, I was not exhausted last night.
-I do think I deserve a medal.
-I don’t think I’ll be quite as ambitious today. Because this.
Though I do have to bake 2 pies this morning.
Speaking of pie, I have seen both raspberry and blueberry pie recipes calling for cinnamon. Is that weird? It seems weird to me. Please comment about this because I need direction.
And you should know that the liquor on the counter still waits, so come get it!
AND there is a post on baby boy’s name- if you are some baby naming wizard (or not!) please read and tell me what to do.